I was in my early teens when my great grandmother died. I remember going to her funeral and seeing alot of people there. Later the local newspaper said there was over 1000 people there. I remember thinking I wanted that many there. That many who knew me and loved me so much they came to my funeral. But I wouldn’t want a sad funeral and NO ONE is allowed to wear black AT all. I prefer pinks and blues since those are my favorite colors. I want them to be rejoicing that I am in heaven now. It must be closed casket for I am dead and do not want to be remembered that way. If it is Gods will I want to be remembered for these 5 things.
1. That I LOVED the Lord with all my heart, with all my soul and with all my might. (Deut 6:5) I want to be remembered for boldly proclaiming the Lord in my life. (Acts 4:29) To be known for always serving the Lord. (Luke 1:75)
2. That I loved my husband and served him as a wife is called to do. (Eph 5:22) That younger women can look to our marriage and see Christ as the head of it. (Eph 5:23) That I was able to teach those young women that serving your husband brings you freedom as Christ intended and not as a slave but as a servant. (Tit 2:4-5)
3. That I loved my children. That I taught them all the days of their lives about the Lord our God. (Deut 11:19) That I loved them more than myself.
4. That I was generous, caring, loving, kind, helpful, trustworthy. (Prov 19:6, 1 Pet 4:8, Prov 31:26, Heb 6:10, Romans 12:9-12)
5. That I loved photography, the beach and lighthouses, Young Living Essential oils, homeschooling, natural health, hang out with friends and reading a good book.
What do you want to be remembered by?